2 January 2017

Author Q&A Session #89: With Ben Cheetham


Welcome my dear followers and readers of the blog,
Yep on this new year I'm absolutely on a roll to catch up with as many pending author interviews as possible.

So let's get on with it. On this brand new author interview session, I present you the author whose books are thrilling and engrossing beyond your imagination. Yes that's right..I'm talking about Ben Cheetham, who is here to talk about his brand new book, The Lost Ones and about his life as an author.

So let's welcome Ben with a big and warm hug **hugs** and you guys stay tuned!

Read the review of The Lost Ones


Me: Hello and welcome to my blog, Ben. Congratulations on your new book, The Lost Ones. How will you express your feelings about your new book which has already been loved by so many readers around the world?

Ben: I'm endlessly blown away (and endlessly grateful) that anyone would love something pulled from the depths of my imagination.  


Me: How did you research for the story in your new book, The Lost Ones? And please tell us briefly about your inspiration behind such a vividly descriptive as well as intriguing story line.

Ben: I look at the world around me. The old cliche holds true, reality is stranger than any fiction.
 

Me: Tell us one trait about your main character, Jake, that intrigues you the most.

Ben: His innocence.


Me: How will you describe your journey so far as an author?

Ben: It's been a long journey. I was writing for seven or eight years before my short stories started getting published. Roughly the same period of time passed before my first novel 'Blood Guilt' was picked up for publication. The only reason it happened at all was because I found success as a self-published author. I've been lucky to live in a time when authors have the ability to speak directly to their readership. 


Me: Was it always your one true dream to be an author?

Ben: Writing found me when I needed it most. From then on I was doomed to be an author.


Me: What other passion do you have apart from writing?

Ben: Well I have a passion for day dreaming and introspection. Selfish I know, but you have to be selfish to be a writer.


Me: What is next up on your writing sleeves? Please tell us briefly about it.

Ben: Now that would be telling!


Me: Thanks Ben for joining me today on this interview session. I wish you luck for all your future endeavors.

Ben: Thanks for having me here, Aditi. Best of luck to you too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben's Bio:


Ben Cheetham is an award-winning writer and Pushcart Prize nominee. His writing spans the genres, from horror and sci-fi to literary fiction, but he has a passion for dark, gritty crime fiction. His short stories have been published in Swill Magazine, The Fiction Desk, Deadcore (Comet Press), The London Magazine, The Willisden Herald New Short Stories 3, The Grist Anthology of New Writing, Dream Catcher, Staple, Fast Forward: A Collection of Flash Fiction, Voice From The Planet (Harvard Square Editions), The Momaya Annual Review, Transmission, The Chaffey Review, and numerous other magazines.

Ben lives in Sheffield, UK, where - when he's not chasing around after his two-year old son - he spends most of his time locked away in his study racking his brain for the next paragraph, the next sentence, the next word.




Connect with Ben on: WebsiteFacebook| Twitter



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!