13 October 2016

Author Q&A Session #85: With Jane Corry


Welcome my fellow bibliophiles,

It's time for yet another round of author interview and on this session, we have yet another fantastic crime fiction author, Jane Corry, whose new book, My Husband's Wife has created lots of positive noise in the literary world and among the fans of thrillers and mystery.

So without wasting a single second, let's, first, welcome this incredible author, and then chat with her about this bestselling book, the story line, her life as an author and many other things that are beyond books and all.

Keep reading peeps.

Read the review of My Husband's Wife




Me: What was your source of inspiration behind this novel? Please tell us briefly about it.

Jane: After my first marriage ended, I took a three year post as writer in residence of a high-security male prison. Despite the ‘residence’ bit, I didn’t live there (!) although I was asked to spend the night in a cell as part of a charity event. That was quite scary and very claustrophobic. I then got married a second time and began thinking about the relationship between first and second wives. The two, seemingly-different strands, wove themselves together in my head to make MY HUSBAND’S WIFE


Me: Tell us one trait about your main characters, Lily and Carla, that intrigues you the most.

Jane: Duplicity - mixed with a need to be loved


Me: How will you describe your journey so far as an author?

Jane: Rather like life. Bursting with the unexpected!


Me: Was it always your one true dream to be an author?

Jane: Absolutely. It’s the only thing I can do apart from making a reasonable cheese and onion quiche.


Me: What other passions do you have apart from writing?

Jane: Swimming in the sea all the year round, followed by a shower and hot chocolate (I’ve just come back from this morning’s dip!); tennis; reading; walking; cuddling my family.


Me: What's next up on your writing sleeves? Please tell us briefly about it.

Jane: I’m knee-deep in next year’s book. It’s called Blood Sisters. Three schoolgirls set off for class one day. Only one gets there. There’s humor as well as tragedy - just as there is in life.


Me: Thanks Jane for joining me today on this interview session. I wish you luck for all your future endeavors.

Jane: Thank you so much for your questions. They made me think!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jane's Bio:

Jane Corry is a writer, journalist, and creative writing teacher. After spending three years working as the writer-in-residence at a high-security male prison she was inspired to write her first thriller. This turned into the summer 2016 hit My Husband's Wife.


Connect with Jane on: GoodreadsFacebook| Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!